- New highlights for exterior, interior and equipment
- Even more connectivity and entertainment features
- A6 Saloon 2017 Model Year pricing from £32,995 OTR, Avant from £35,095
- S6 from £57,215 OTR, RS 6 Avant from £79,505 OTR
- A7 Sportback 2017 Model Year pricing from £46,865 OTR
- S7 Sportback from £64,380 OTR, RS 7 Sportback from £85,485 OTR
- UK ordering from May, first deliveries in the summer
Ingolstadt, April 22, 2016 – In the spirit of ‘never standing still’ which is a key tenet of Vorsprung durch Technik, Audi is making some detail changes to its executive class A6 and A7 Sportback ranges. Carefully considered styling refinements enhance the perennially popular A6 Saloon and Avant lines, while all models benefit from interior upgrades and new equipment. UK order banks for the latest A6 and A7 Sportback models and their S and RS counterparts will open in May and deliveries will start in the summer.
The basis for the newly updated A6 and A6 Avant ranges is a new SE Executive specification level, which replaces the entry level SE option available up to this point. It ushers in a new, bolder look courtesy of a new front apron incorporating more pronounced air inlets with gloss black horizontal struts, more sculpted side sills and a restyled rear bumper now housing a new diffuser at its lower edge.
The already more sporting stance struck by the S line and top flight Black Edition models has also been subtly enhanced by a new radiator grille with a matt black surround and chrome slats flanked by striking side air inlets also fringed with chrome.
Compatibility with the latest Audi connectivity and entertainment options is the headline news in the updated interiors of the A6 and A7 Sportback models. The Audi smartphone interface is now available for both models in combination with the optional Technology Pack, bringing Apple Car Play and Android Auto to the car.
If an iOS or Android smartphone is connected to the USB port (iOS from 7.1, Android from 5.0 Lollipop), the handset‘s contents such as navigation, phone, music and selected third party apps are offered in a separate MMI menu. They can be accessed conveniently by MMI or voice control. The Audi phone box feature that was already a part of the pack has also taken a step forward – as before it connects smartphones to the on‑board antenna by near-field coupling, but it now also offers the added convenience of inductive charging of compatible handsets (to Qi standard).
Detail upgrades to the standard equipment lists have also been made across the A6, A7 Sportback, S6 and S7 Sportback and A6 allroad ranges, starting with the addition of LED interior lighting, front seat heating, electric lumbar adjustment and elegant Aluminium Ellipse inlays for A6 SE Executive models over and above the previous SE specification.
At the pinnacle of the range, the 560PS RS 6 and RS 7 Sportback and their even more powerful 605PS RS 6 performance and RS 7 Sportback performance counterparts are now available in an expanded palette of matt effect colours including Sepang Blue, Nardo Grey, Glacier White and Floret Silver.
Equipment highlights for every A6 and A7 Sportback model already include bi-xenon or all-LED headlamps with LED tail lights, acoustic front glazing, full leather upholstery, MMI navigation, deluxe four-zone climate control, the Audi Music Interface channelled through the 180-watt Audi Sound System and various versions of the Audi parking system.
All at sixes and sevens – The Audi A6 and A7 Sportback ranges, starting at SE Executive level and rising to the mighty 605PS RS performance variants, have benefited from detail improvements which further enhance their visual appeal and comfort.
The Changes in Brief
- A6 SE is replaced by SE Executive. In addition to exterior styling changes, this new specification level also adds LED interior lighting, heated seats and powered lumbar support adjustment, plus aluminium ellipse inlays
- A6 S line trim includes the items added to the SE Executive and also full electric seats with driver side memory and electrically folding wing mirrors
- A6 Allroad adds heated seats and lumbar support as standard
- S6 Saloon and Avant gain high beam assist, electrically folding wing mirrors with memory and full interior light package (incorporating additional LED courtesy lighting)
- RS 6 Avant will now be available with exclusive matt paint colours including Sepang Blue, Nardo Grey, Glacier White and Floret Silver
- A7 Sportback receives a new wheel design as part of the SE Executive specification