First UK deliveries of the best-selling Audi Avant are now underway, bringing more space, more technology and more versatility
- New A4 Avant models available to order now priced from £27,300 OTR
- UK deliveries began in January – 1.4 TFSI examples expected from April 2016
- Class-leading 505 litres of seats-up luggage capacity, with a power operated tailgate and electrically retracting luggage cover as standard on all models
- Standard equipment highlights include 17-inch alloy wheels, Xenon or LED headlights with LED DRLs, Audi smartphone interface, Audi drive select, three-zone climate control and 7-inch colour MMI monitor
- Technology options include the Audi virtual cockpit, Matrix LED headlights and numerous new driver assistance systems
- Wide four and six-cylinder engine range with outputs from 150PS to 272PS
- Line-up includes new 2.0 TFSI with revolutionary combustion system and 2.0 TDI ultra efficiency champion with CO2 from 104g/km in SE and Sport models
- All-new platform and redeveloped six-speed manual, seven-speed S tronic and eight-speed tiptronic transmissions
Space may be the final frontier, but for customers exploring the all-new, and newly available, Audi A4 Avant it is likely to be one of the first and foremost considerations. Fortunately the five-door version of What Car? Magazine’s 2016 Car of the Year proves to be a star in this respect, offering the most expansive seats-up luggage capacity in the premium compact executive sector to complement the quality, technological ingenuity and optimal efficiency for which the A4 is already renowned.
The even more versatile A4 can now be ordered at prices ranging from £27,300 OTR to £40,350 OTR, and retention of these original values is likely to be another important consideration for prospective purchasers. Here, too, the A4 Avant doesn’t disappoint, with leading trade guide CAP Monitor predicting that the majority of versions will achieve residual values that are either strongest in the premium compact estate class or unbeaten in the class.
As an example the A4 Avant 2.0 TDI ultra Sport 190PS – the expected best-seller in the range – is predicted to retain 40 per cent of its value after three years or 60,000 miles, ahead of its key premium sector rivals.
Look out for our first ride report coming soon as we get our hands on this load carrying newcomer web project management.